Saturday, July 26, 2008

Knitting Makes Me Puke

Well, it turns out not all knitting makes me puke. Just circular knitting. This gets reaffirmed every other day or so when I knit a few rounds on my sock, and continue until the moment when I feel my lunch start to revisit me. It's pathetic. This is my first Summer of Socks sock. You know, the thing that has been going on since June 21. The sock knitting extravaganza that has most people with 5 or 6 completed pairs already. Pathetic.



I'm also beginning to realize, that nauseous or not, (lowers voice to a whisper), I just might not be a sock knitter. I don't think I really enjoy it. Which is sad, because I really enjoy the way hand-knitted socks feel on my feet. Maybe if my feet were a size 7 instead of a size 10. Maybe then sock knitting would be my thing.

Thankfully, flat knitting does not make me throw up. Unfortunately, both the baseball tee and the Monica Tank Top I've started, I've modified to work in the round. This means the Celtic Knot Stole gets quite a bit of attention in the evening after the kids are in bed, if I have the energy to stay awake. I'm pleased with how it's turning out so far. Only 425 some odd rows to go. Plus, the border.


Since I haven't felt like knitting much, I've been reading. Mostly, I'm reading what's around the house. The last few days I've been re-reading Laurie Notaro's books. Have you read them? The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club and I Love Everybody (And Other Atrocious Lies) have been this week's reading. Her books make me laugh so hard that I'm likely to pee in my pants at any moment. I saw on her website just now that a new book is out. That might be worth leaving the house for!

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Miss Me said...

it's okay if you're not a sock knitter... the trick is to become friends with a sock knitter who doesn't like to knit something that you do, but loves how it works/looks/feels. that way you get the best of both worlds!