Tonight, we'll play games and watch movies and wait until midnight so we can open the door and let the New Year in!
I have to say that 2012 was a great year for us! My favorite moment of the whole year is the picnic that my husband and I had on the family room floor in our new house an hour after the closing. Our family is in excellent health, we have a home large enough for all of us and then some, the kids are adjusting well to our new neighborhood, and we feel incredibly blessed.
My goals for this year were to read more and to knit more. I've done both of those things (my Nook has helped me to do both of them together!) My knitting goals for this year are a bit more concrete, so with a deep breath, here are my 2013 Knitting goals:
- Learn to knit in the Portuguese style
- I bought Andrea Wong's DVD and a knitting pin at Rhinebeck. I've seen others knit ridiculously fast with this method, so I think it's a good thing to learn.
- Knit 4 pairs of socks
- I'd really like to make the goal 6, but I'm trying to be super conservative in my goals, so I can actually meet them! I have enough sock yarn in the stash to meet this goal and I really love handknit socks in the winter!
- Knit through my Rhinebeck stash before the festival in October (thus supporting the thesis that my stash acquisitions were entirely reasonable) (not that I'm going to get to go again this year, but I totally want to!)
- Participate in the Knitgirllls "Expand Your Horizons" Spinning Challenge
- This will be slightly easier for me given one of my Christmas presents, but we'll talk about that later this week.
- Knit 3 sweaters for myself (which pretty much accounts for the Rhinebeck stash)
- I would really like one of the sweaters to be the Starry Night Sweater from Knitpicks. I started it a long time ago, and it would be nice to finish it.
- Finish the Birthday Pi Shawl
- Another UFO that needs some time and attention. I might make one night a week a lace night.
I wish you all a very blessed and happy new year!